Massive utility plugin, which concatenate in one plugin file multiple patches to tinker and manipulate structures in QC. It is a nice companion to KnM Data Tools
This plugin will replace the following existing _1024_Plugins (please remove them from your install folder):
_1024_Structure_Tools includes the following patches:
– Structure Write (with a pop up dialog box)
– Structure Read (for consistency)
– Structure Wave (outputs wave-like positioned XYZ values)
– Structure Circle (outputs circle-like positioned XYZ values)
– Structure 2d Array (outputs 2d array positioned XYZ values)
– Structure Truncate
– Structure Shuffle
– Structure Sort (according to X, Y or Z components)
– Structure Merge
– Structure Transform (scales and offset)
– Structure Noise (generates Perlin noise XYZ values)
– Structure Math (performs math operation between 2 structures)
– Structure Interaction (hit test a structure)
– Structure ImageToStructure (converts an image into an XYZ structure based on threshold)
– Structure ImageToLuma (converts an image into a brightness array based on threshold)
– Structure ImageToRGB (converts an image into a RGB structure)
– Structure CSV to Vertex (reads a CSV-uf8encoded file into an XYZ structure, CSV Parser by Michael Stapelberg)
– Structure Mesh to XYZ (converts mesh vertices into XYZ structure)
– Structure_Queue (with additional push_front and pop_front options)
Note: after many years of fiddling with QC I finally decided to adopt a format for my structure data. Vertices, points, are stored in a XYZ format – that is compatible with Kineme GLTools – so you can expect upcoming plugins to stick to that.
A good tip to access _1024_Structure_Tools directly from the patch creator is to type “_str”, which will filter out unrelated patches.
The plugin can be downloaded from the QC PlugIns Repository and is 10.5+/UB.
– EDIT – : thx to Jayj and james, the sample files are now updated to run correctly, DL the latest 1.01 version.
Here are some snapshots of the included sample files, which will all require KnM GLTools: