Shot in Paris @Zenith
Watch it in Youtube directly to set maximum quality.
Now on vimeo for a better quality.
Archive for structure
Shot in Paris @Zenith
Soft update that adds:
- _1024_Structure_XYZ_Maker: quickly make an XYZ Structure
– _1024_Structure_LinearSpread : generate a linear XYZ array
– _1024_Structure_CurveSpread: generate XYZ points on a 3d curve
– _1024_Structure_BoundingBox: finds the bounding box of an XYZ Structure
– _1024_Structure_Smooth: semi-working smooth (_1024_Damping is better)
Get it from the QC Plugin Repository
A slight update to support the standard XYZ structure.
In other words, this patch can now smooth a structure, provided it is in the XYZ format.
Pretty handy, all the more as it works nicely with _1024_Structure_Tools, which you’ll need to run the included example.
10.5+ UB, DL from the QC Plugins Repository
Massive utility plugin, which concatenate in one plugin file multiple patches to tinker and manipulate structures in QC. It is a nice companion to KnM Data Tools
This plugin will replace the following existing _1024_Plugins (please remove them from your install folder):
_1024_Structure_Tools includes the following patches:
– Structure Write (with a pop up dialog box)
– Structure Read (for consistency)
- Structure Wave (outputs wave-like positioned XYZ values)
– Structure Circle (outputs circle-like positioned XYZ values)
– Structure 2d Array (outputs 2d array positioned XYZ values)
- Structure Truncate
– Structure Shuffle
– Structure Sort (according to X, Y or Z components)
– Structure Merge
- Structure Transform (scales and offset)
– Structure Noise (generates Perlin noise XYZ values)
– Structure Math (performs math operation between 2 structures)
- Structure Interaction (hit test a structure)
- Structure ImageToStructure (converts an image into an XYZ structure based on threshold)
– Structure ImageToLuma (converts an image into a brightness array based on threshold)
– Structure ImageToRGB (converts an image into a RGB structure)
- Structure CSV to Vertex (reads a CSV-uf8encoded file into an XYZ structure, CSV Parser by Michael Stapelberg)
– Structure Mesh to XYZ (converts mesh vertices into XYZ structure)
- Structure_Queue (with additional push_front and pop_front options)
Note: after many years of fiddling with QC I finally decided to adopt a format for my structure data. Vertices, points, are stored in a XYZ format – that is compatible with Kineme GLTools – so you can expect upcoming plugins to stick to that.
A good tip to access _1024_Structure_Tools directly from the patch creator is to type “_str”, which will filter out unrelated patches.
The plugin can be downloaded from the QC PlugIns Repository and is 10.5+/UB.
– EDIT – : thx to Jayj and james, the sample files are now updated to run correctly, DL the latest 1.01 version.
Here are some snapshots of the included sample files, which will all require KnM GLTools:
This plug allows you to hit test and manipulate a XYZ element structure
(the same kind of structures you would use for KnM GLTools) with your mouse, and also allows you to nudge the last selected element with your keyboard arrows. Useful for fine-tuning positions in a structure.
Sample files included (one of them uses _1024_PerlinNoise, the other is using KnM Data Tools to load a structure on launch – formerly KnM StructureTools), 10.5+, UB.
the box here, as usual.
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License
A little update to the MathStructure plugin,
now with 1d /2d /3d patches.
And a little internal clean up.
DL from the box.
I’m into DMX/Artnet structures at the moment,
and I just needed a tiny lightweight plugin to combine2 structures,
while preserving the keys and order
and keeping everything at the same level.
Download from the box.
I just uploaded a 1.1 version, that fixes a major memory leak.
Now the plugin should run fine, provided structures have the same number of members.
If you’re in UK this week end, the plugin will make an apparition at Global Gathering UK,
at the BOOMBOX project arena.
Since I was quite satisfied with our PerlinNoise plugin in terms of speed,
I took some time this morning to quickly whip a suite of 2 plugins to actually manipulate QC Structures.
This plug comes in 2 flavors : 1D structure operations or 3D operations,
meaning the 3D structure is composed of sub-structures with XYZ keys.
This is pretty handy when working in conjunction to KnM GLTools.
The 1D plugin will let you operated between different sized structures of NUMBERS.
The 3D plugin will freak out if the 2 structures have a different size. Be warned.
I should probably use C arrays internally, instead of sticking to NSDictionary and NSArray…
Maybe a future update will have this solved.
Meanwhile, the following operations are possible:
+ – * / > < == !=
and lerp, which performs a linear interpolation between the 2 inputs, based on a 0-1 range.
The included example uses KnM File Tools (needed to load structures from file) and KnM GLTools.
The example is quite shabby looking, sorry about that.
Download from the box. Drop a comment if you do find some bug (apart from the one I mentioned).
Back from Kiev, main DJ was Benny Benassi.
Click on the pictures for a larger view,
click more at the bottom …. for more pics !